Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault 2015 Download Behaviors Have Changed!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
scottmoyse
339 Views, 5 Replies

I just want to make sure everyone is aware of this change. This may also be a useful resource for users in an ongoing manner.

I've listed Inventor Vault Add-In Get / Check Out and Vault Client Get / Check Out behaviors. AutoCAD download behaviors mirror Inventor's Add-In... although I haven't tested it as thoroughly as I have with Inventor.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
n.schotten
in reply to: scottmoyse

I'm having issues with this. In so far as that opening from vault tents to overwrite the local files with older versions and/or downloading older versions than the current version that is checked in. Notably that the file to be opened has links to file x version 2 while file x is already at version 4, it will download and use version 2 and place a big red dot in the vault browser. It has been raising hell with my designs and stress levels. At one point (may have answered wrongly) the newer version was gone (local was newest, not checked in probably) and i could not get it back and i had to redo part of the asm (parts were up2date but not the asm).

Are some of these open action options to blame?

please help me out here. I've been hurting my hands beating on my keyboard out of the frustration over all this.

Message 3 of 6
mikel_martin
in reply to: n.schotten

If you beleive that Vault is incorrectly download historical versions when it should not, and you can recreate this scenerio, then I would recommend contacting support right away. We would consider this to be a serious issue and it would need to be addressed as soon as possible.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
n.schotten
in reply to: mikel_martin

Check my capture...

www.ahbest.nl\Vault-bug-out_of_date_files-2014-07-24_0931.swf

i posted about this in the Vault pro 2015 R2 beta forum and Inv.2016 beta forum aswell.

Message 5 of 6
mikel_martin
in reply to: n.schotten

We changed the beavior in Vault for 2015 to downlaod latest when opening in the main grid. We made this change because of customer requests.

However, when you Open from the tabs we are opening that specific version of the file and we are downloading the versions of the children that were used at the time that version was created.

When we made the change to Open latest, we did not have a straightt forward way to support Latest in some cases and Historical in others within the tabs. Changing this would be a major change to the client, and not something that is a priority at the moment, due to other customer requests.

If you are opening from VE i would suggest opening from the main grid.

You can use the Goto command from the where used tab to find the file in the main grid.

Hope this helps.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
n.schotten
in reply to: mikel_martin

So instead of rmb-open a file from the where used list do rmb-goto folder and then double click? How about rmb-open instead of the double click?

It would be nice if stuff like this, that makes quite the impact on users, is communicated better.

Loads of workflows get chanced without to much communication. I doubt that my vault issue would have been adressed in an update course.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report