Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Reference Repair Utility - Child newer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
xavier_dumont1
227 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Reference Repair Utility - Child newer

Hi all,

Autodesk Reference Repair Utility (ARRU), can't fix a parent file with a newer child. Ok, it's a limitation.

But I ask myself how ARRU while fix this scenario:

- "Assembly.iam (v1)" has a relationship with $\Designs\Folder A\Part.ipt (v1).

- A user create a Copy Design from this part to $\Designs\Folder B\Part.ipt

- A user change "$\Designs\Folder A\Part.ipt (v1)" to (v2) and update the "Assembly.iam (v1)" to (v2) in order to use this new part's version.

- A user Update the "$\Designs\Folder A\Part.ipt (v2)" to (v3).

- The admin purge the Vault => Old version of "$\Designs\Folder A\Part.ipt" are lost (v1) + (v2)

The original child is newer than the assembly and there is a older file who can match regarding filename and internal name but it's not the good one.

Now I scan with ARRU. Does this utility give me an information that "$\Designs\Folder B\Part.ipt" is the only file who can match the missing reference? Or does ARRU while give me only a ??? result?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
olearya
in reply to: xavier_dumont1

Hi Xavier,

In this scenario V2 is not purged because it is still referenced by the assembly - there would need to be an existing reference issue that would permit purge of this version.  In essence though the automatic repair if it cannot find a date based version that it can make a repair with you will need to manually resolve the reference which is really the only safe resolution.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report