Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto creating DWF file during checking into vault problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2443 Views, 5 Replies

Auto creating DWF file during checking into vault problem.

I was having the worst problem about auto creating DWF files while checking into vault. I am able to publish new files, but not update the old ones.  All dwf files that are being checked in are being published to an H:\Engineer\DWF Publish Folder\ that resides on our server.  These files are then accessed via our MRP program and viewed with a dwf viewer at each computer in customer service and our factory.
That way, all of our manufactured parts are visible with the latest and greatest for everyone to view, mark-up and print without accessing the parent file.

After I checked several files back into vault this morning, I noticed that the dwf publish folder did not update the files. I am able to manually produce a dwf, but I thought that vault was supposed to update the files or add new ones when checked in automatically.
I did not get any errors, what so ever.  I was also able to use the task scheduler to produce the dwf files.

I found out this morning from Autodesk Support that the DWF publish to a folder option in Vault is not created to overwrite existing data of the same name.  In order to have the files to update, you either need to delete the files to be updated prior to checking back into vault or use this workaround. We created a sub folder under the “DWF Publish Folder” directory called “DWF Transfer Folder” directory.

Until I have written a batch file to do this automatically, my plan is to manually move these files back into the “DWF Publish Folder” directory and overwrite the files.  This should keep everything up to date.

My question is, does anyone have a better solution?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RFrohreich
in reply to: Anonymous

We actually do the exact same thing that are trying to do.  Vault overwrites the existing dwf files just fine.  The only time that it doesn't is if someone has the file open and is viewing it.  If that is the case, you will get notifed that the file did not create.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RFrohreich

Glad to hear that you are not experiencing the same problem the rest of us are.  After speaking with Autodesk, they also confirmed the problem.

If you are doing something that the rest of us have yet to figure out, please share this information as soon as possible as my method is a pain.

Message 4 of 6
RFrohreich

We aren't doing anything special.

DISCLAIMER:

This transmission from Astec Industries or one of its subsidiaries is confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete and destroy the original transmission and all copies. Our company accepts no liability for the contents of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Please note that any personal views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Message 5 of 6
Fei-Munich
in reply to: RFrohreich

I get event worse problem : I also checke the option "Visualization Publish" "Duplicate Vault Folder Structure" to a shared Drive folder....

And I still see new DWF in Vault being created ... but not in my shared drive folder !

not one single dwf !

I let the "Turn off the warning that occurs when the DWF is not system generated" not checked ... but I don't get a warning.

I'm working with Vault 2013

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

it should be overwriting the files in the publish folder

what you may want to check is that the impersonation account(the default is named "Servername/AutodeskVault") that Vault uses has write permissions to that folder. 

If the dwf folder is a share on the Vault server, just make sure that the impersonation account has full permissions to that folder. if it's on another server, you may want to consider switching to using a domain based impersonation account IE "Domain/AutodeskVault" and then giving that account full permission to the DWF folder

BTW if you change the Impersonation account make sure that account has access to the Vault filestore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report