Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Item problem...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PVT_Stewie
281 Views, 5 Replies

Assign Item problem...

Hello All,

I have a released '.iam' file, and associated '.dwg' file, that I'm trying to assign an item.  for some reason it does not autolink the '.dwg' files to the '.iam' on this one.  Others that have been done do not have the problem.

I've gone through this combo, comparing it to previous ones that have worked and all properties seem to match.

Does anybody know of another reason why this link wouldn't be made?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: PVT_Stewie
Message 3 of 6
PVT_Stewie
in reply to: cbenner

it is Vault 2013 Pro.  The designer created the '.iam' & '.dwg' file; released them in the project explorer, selected both the '.iam' & '.dwg'; clicked "assign item".

Message 4 of 6
cbenner
Message 5 of 6
PVT_Stewie
in reply to: cbenner

by Auto-Link I mean that in "Item Master" when you select the item line, the General tab shows both the 3D (.iam or .ipt) model and the associated '.dwg' file together.

the problem I'm having is it creates an individual item for both the '.iam' and the '.dwg' file, but the item for the '.dwg' file is a randomly generated 6-digit number.

Message 6 of 6
scottmoyse

Has someone turned off the option to attach related documentation? I don't think you need to select both files to assign the item. By doing so you are explicitly instructing vault to create an item for the documentation. However by just selecting the iam it will see the relationship and attach it as a secondary attachment.

You can disable the assignment of items to drawings in the admin options if I remember correctly

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report