Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign File to Released Item [2015]?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mthomas
746 Views, 10 Replies

Assign File to Released Item [2015]?

We just moved to Vault Pro 2015 and discovered that we can no longer assign files to released items. We could in 2014. Is there an option or setting to renable this functionallity? If not this is not a step in the right direction

Mike

Mike Thomas

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 3 of 11
mthomas
in reply to: cbenner

If the item is changed to WIP then I can assign the item. This is a major handicap to our workflow, especially with the ACADE and Inventor Tube & Pipe workflow

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 5 of 11
mikel_martin
in reply to: mthomas

This was an unintended change to the assign item workflow.

If you drag and drop the file unto a released Item it will create a secondary link, which is what should be happening on assign Item as well.

This should be addressed at some point. But I cannot say when specifically.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 11
mthomas
in reply to: mikel_martin

Ok, thanks for the response.

This will be a (painful) work around for now, but what are we supposed to do with our AutoCAD Electrical Projects? The way it worked in the past it would just assign the drawings in which the components were located, not the entire set of drawings. With the drag-and-drop method we'll have to open each drawing in the project looking for the components.

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 7 of 11
mikel_martin

My understanding is that this is only an issue in the case where the Item is released and has no primary file associated to it, and the new link would be created as a primary link.

I have not personally tested this, but assuming this is true, I don't believe AutoCAD Electrical would have much of an issue, because ccomponents within a drawing are not assigned to the Items as primary links.

Are you experiencing an issue around this?

Mikel Martin
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 11
mthomas

Mikel,

When I attempt to "Assign Item" to a component to a released item from the BOM view of the ACADE project item I receive the attached image. So yes it is directly affecting us with our ACADE Items

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 9 of 11
mikel_martin

Not sure why this is happening.

We will need to investigate further.

Someone on the Vault team will follow up.

Mikel Martin
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 11
scottmoyse

Where did this end up?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 11 of 11
scottmoyse
in reply to: scottmoyse

duplicate post

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report