Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while attempting to move the folder (Configuration Factory)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Maxim-CADman77
1558 Views, 8 Replies

An error occurred while attempting to move the folder (Configuration Factory)

Vault administrator gets message "One or more files cannot be moved. See details for more information" during attempt to drag-n-grop IAM Configuration Factory from ordinary folder to "Library" folder using Vault Explorer Pro 2014 SR1

Detail contain the name of the IAM (file. not folder) and statement "An error occurred while attempting to move the folder".

Where to search for the root of the issue?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
r.smith1
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Hi Maxim,

Please move the factory and the members all at one time.  Will they move?  Are they in any category, or lifecycle state that might prevent them from moving?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: r.smith1

Not sure that I uderstand correctly statement "move at one time".

If I select CF and CM-folder and drag&drop them - Vault creates shortcuts istead (same happens if try to d&d the CM-folder). 

If I select CF and CM-files (in search results) attempt to drag&drop them fails with message "The selected files do not reside in the same folder. To move a group of files, they all must be located in the same folder".

We don't use categories and lifecycles for files. All our files belong to Base category and these CMs are not linked to Items yet.

Message 4 of 9

Almost a week since the last recommendation recieved ... any further suggestions yet?

PS: The case # is 09226804

Message 5 of 9
r.smith1

Hi Maxim,

Yes, move at one time means select all of the files you need to move, and move them at one time rather than moving one file at a time.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: r.smith1

Please pay attention - I doesn't try to move several files (Vault does).

I'm trying to move one IAM-file (Classification = Configuration
Factory).
Message 7 of 9
subsales

Hi Maxim,

If this is a configuration assembly, you need to try to move not only the factory assembly, that you're trying to move, but also the member folder residing with the factory.  Generally speaking though, configuration files are a little more difficult to move due to dependencies than regular files.   If it won't move (per the steps I recommended), then you may have to live with the assembly residing in the current location.  

Another option is to check out the factory, and ALL members, migrate them to the current release you are working with (if they were created in a past release) regenerate all members and then check them all back into the Vault then try to move the files.  Again if this does not work, I defer to my comment above.  

Message 8 of 9
swalton

I gave up trying to move iAssembly factorys around Vault 2008.

I do not know if there have been any improvements in the last 6 years so I may incorrect, but I don't think you can move iassembly factory files without moving the members. 

If the members are located in a sub-directory under the factory directory, I don't know how you can grab all the required files at once.

You might be better off deleting the files from Vault, moving them with Windows explorer, and checking them back into Vault.  There are some drawbacks to this if you have lots of history or other assemblies/ipns/drawings that depend on the iAssembly factory or its members...

I gave up on using iAssemblies and Vault, execpt for very limited usage, because of this and the check-in/check-out requirements of childern when making changes to the parent.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 9 of 9
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: swalton

The Configuration Factory and Configuration Members are all migrated to format of Inv2014SP1Upd2 and up-to-date.

I do not suffer any problem while moving CFs between ordinary folders (I do it quite often and every time CM-folder moves as well).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report