Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADMS 2015 and Prior Vault Client Support

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Rob.O
1173 Views, 2 Replies

ADMS 2015 and Prior Vault Client Support

We are currently running Vault server 2014.  I need to upgrade the Vault server to 2015 for the few users that will soon be using AutoCAD 2015 and Vault client 2015, but we still have numerous users that will be running AutoCAD 2012 and Vault client 2012. 

Can Vault client 2012 still be used to connect to ADMS 2015?  The help file seems to indicate that it can by the last two statements... "older Vault clients", but I just want to verify as this could change things considerably.

The help file says this:

Support for Prior Vault Clients and Add-Ins

• The Vault 2015 ADMS supports the use of any Vault 2013 release and Vault 2014 release clients which match the Vault edition of ADMS.
  • The Vault 2015 ADMS supports the use of any Vault 2013 release and Vault 2014 release Add-Ins.
  • It is not recommended to administer Vault or Global settings through an older client. All administration of Vault and Global settings should be done through ADMS Console or a Vault client of the same release as the Vault server.
  • New functionality available in Vault 2015 will not be available in older Vault clients and Add-Ins.

I just need to get through the next few weeks until we can upgrade everyone to AutoCAD 2015 and the 2015 Vault client.

Thanks!

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ihayesjr
in reply to: Rob.O

No, those 2012 clients cannot connect to Vault 2015.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 3
Rob
Contributor
in reply to: ihayesjr

Bummer!

Thanks Irvin!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report