Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADMS 2008 PRECHECK ERROR

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
555 Views, 6 Replies

ADMS 2008 PRECHECK ERROR

I am trying to install ADMS 2008, and get the errors shown in the attachment after the pre-installation checks are performed.

While the pre-checks dialog is still open, I opened the IIS Manager, and then open the TestASPNet.asmx file, it shows a HTTP error 404 - File or directory not found.

I am not an IT person. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Plumett
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Shane (Autodesk)
in reply to: Anonymous

The ASP.NET filter is getting blocked. Most likely fixing this will resolve both of the errors that you are seeing. For instructions on allowing the ASP.NET filter click on the link "ASP.NET filter is prohibited from running on IIS..."

Regards,
Shane McGuinn
Message 3 of 7
blake.gregory2

Another "Not an IT guy"...
I am getting the same errors as above. I have configured what I can per the error help file, but when I get to this step
"ASPX Access

ASPX file failed to run at URL: "http://localhost/TestASP/TestASPNet.aspx".

The test ASPX did not run properly. Re-register the ASP.Net filters. At the command line, enter: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -i

Also, check to make sure that the default web site is using version 2.0 of ASP.Net. To change this setting, right-click My Computer and then select Manage. In the Computer Management window, expand Services and Applications > Internet Information Services > Web Sites and then right-click Default Web Site and select Properties. In the Default Web Site Properties dialog, click the ASP.NET tab. From the ASP.NET version drop-down list, select 2.0. "
there is no ASP.net tab. I've uninstalled .NET 2.0 (it reinstalled by itself like it's supposed to), but run into the same wall.

attempting to install on WinXP64.

Eagerly awaiting ANY help I can get on this...

Greg
Message 4 of 7
Shane (Autodesk)

Greg,

Can you post your precheck log files? The files are in your temp directory (%TEMP%\Prechecks.xml and Prechecks.xls).

Shane
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Greg,

This Microsoft Article will help fix this problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894435/en-us

Irvin
gblake wrote:
> Another "Not an IT guy"...
> I am getting the same errors as above. I have configured what I can per the error help file, but when I get to this step
> "ASPX Access
>
> ASPX file failed to run at URL: "http://localhost/TestASP/TestASPNet.aspx".
>
> The test ASPX did not run properly. Re-register the ASP.Net filters. At the command line, enter: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -i
>
> Also, check to make sure that the default web site is using version 2.0 of ASP.Net. To change this setting, right-click My Computer and then select Manage. In the Computer Management window, expand Services and Applications > Internet Information Services > Web Sites and then right-click Default Web Site and select Properties. In the Default Web Site Properties dialog, click the ASP.NET tab. From the ASP.NET version drop-down list, select 2.0. "
> there is no ASP.net tab. I've uninstalled .NET 2.0 (it reinstalled by itself like it's supposed to), but run into the same wall.
>
> attempting to install on WinXP64.
>
> Eagerly awaiting ANY help I can get on this...
>
> Greg
Message 6 of 7
blake.gregory2

Late last night I came across a setting in Control Panel, IIS that showed everything as "Prohibited". I changed permission to allowed for ASP.net and Content Center and Vault seemed to finish installing fine. I was able to configure and start downloading projects from work within minutes. Will check actual functionality after I finish configuring Inv tonight.

Thanks for the replies, I'll read the M$ article later.

Greg
Message 7 of 7
dbrizio

I had the same error with an ADMS 2013 console.

To solve it, launch the IIS, go in the Web Service Extension folder, and click on Allow for two ASP.NET entries.After that, the error should be solved

Davide Brizio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report