Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACM BOm's mapped to Item Masters

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1021 Views, 7 Replies

ACM BOm's mapped to Item Masters

Here's what we have ACAD Mech 2010 with Vault MFG 2010.

I want to start using the BOM feature in ACM to build the Parts list that will populate teh Item Master BOM.

What are the Mapping settings required to get the Item MAster number equal to the Part Number.  With Inventor I just Map the Inventor Part number to the Number field and all is well.  I can Map the ACM DWG part number to the Item Master, but the parts in teh Part List do not get mapped correctly.  What am i missing?

See the attached images.

I cannot find anything on how to set this.  I can see posts around this, but not directly to this.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Boy, this forum sure is quite.

What no takers on this one?

Message 3 of 8
Cadenza

Not sure if this is the problem but the porperty field in your ACM BOM for the Part number is actually named "PART_NUMBER" this is not mapped in Vault to the Number field.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadenza

I cannot map it to the Item Number Field.  The PART_NUMBER exists only in the ACM BOM.  It is not a file property. I have attemped to add it to the File and Item Property list, however, I am still unable to map it.

Message 5 of 8
Cadenza

You would need to ceate a user defined property

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadenza

I've that.  With 2010 it will not let me map this UDP to an Item Prop.

I know there is a connection to be made, I just can't find it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Again, I found the solution after screwing around with the software, not that Anyone helped me!

The solution came from temporarily creating a Custom ACAD prop called PARTNUMBER (the same as in my BOM).  Then check it in.  Then I could MAP the File Property to the Item Master Number property and all was well.

This works whether or not the File Property is actually there, as long as it is filled out in the BOM or the ASsembliy properties, the Item Master will pick it up.

Maybe this post can help someone else.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

This Link may help you:

http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/autocad-mechanical/

Regards,

Jorge Lopera

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report