Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad Custom Properties - Dates

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cbenner
455 Views, 4 Replies

Acad Custom Properties - Dates

Another question for those who have gone through this already....

I have mapped several "Date" properties to my titleblocks in both Inventor and Autocad 2013.  In Inventor the mapping for this property comes up as a date, and populates the titleblock correctly.  In the Autocad mapping it comes up as "Text", and popultaes the titleblock with the date AND time (usually 12:00:00 AM), which is way too large for the field, and ... I don't want it!  LOL

Is there something special I have to do in Vault, or in Autocad, to get JUST the date to show up?

The property in Vault is set up as a Date, so that when I edit properties, it pulls down the calandar for me to pull the date from.  I don't want to just type in a date.

TIA!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Message 3 of 5
xavier_dumont1

Unfortunately, it's a bug... No way to change how this date is displayed in Autocad.

Does somebody from Autodesk care about that bug? I already ask to change this through Autodesk Feedback, through Autodesk Support but without success...

The only workaround is to set a string UDP in place of a date UDP in Vault but you loose functionality like searching for a range of date...

Smiley Mad

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: xavier_dumont1
Message 5 of 5
mollons

This has been logged and the development team is aware of the issue. No information is available on if or when it could be addressed.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report