Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 with Vault Pro 2013 Error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BSchubring
410 Views, 6 Replies

ACA 2013 with Vault Pro 2013 Error

I'm not sure which product exactly is having tddhe problem here, and I was hoping to get some assistance. The user is getting the following error when attempting to check out drawings from Vault:aca-vault_error.png

I asked him to get the details from the crash, and this is the top portion of the results:

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.BeginInvoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)

at Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework.Vault.Forms.Controls.RevisionsDropdownControl.loadContentsOnWorkerThread(Object stateInfo)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Is there anyone adept at deciphering this?  This issue is hitting him often, but it appears to be only the one user.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
matt.smith
in reply to: BSchubring

The issue is coming from the Vault side of things.  A support case is probably the best route to take.  Based on the error I'm a bit surprised that it is only happening for one users.  Does that user have different Service Packs/Hotfixes installed than others?

Message 3 of 7
BSchubring

Thanks for the reply, I'll consider going the support route when I take posession of that laptop later this week.

His patch level should be the same as most other users, I set this machine up in parallel with quite a few other identical machines, so unless he's made changes it should be a typical setup.

Message 4 of 7
matt.smith

Ok, sounds good.  In the meantime, do you know the steps to reproduce the issue on his machine?  I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Message 5 of 7
Radioflyer651
in reply to: matt.smith

Has there been any progress with this?  We're having this issue, and have been struggling with it.

By the way, this issue is specific to several users on our system.  We don't have any steps to reproduce it however, as it seems fairly random.  Sometimes we can't get past the "Open From Vault" dialog screen, and others we can open many files until we have issues.  It's always to do with the "Open From Vault" dialog.  I have been able to get the crash to occur by simply selecting some files too.

Richard

Message 6 of 7
matt.smith
in reply to: Radioflyer651

Richard,

I have no update (i.e. I don't have a reproducible case).  The best route for you would be to open a case with support.

Message 7 of 7
BSchubring

I can't recall exactly, but I think we solved this by finding out that the drawing itself was corrupted.  Trying to open and check out simultaneously caused this error.

Instead, we did a Get, then browsed to the file's location on the hard drive and opened it directly with AutoCAD. AutoCAD failed to open the file.  Vault returns odd error messages wnen you try to do the simultaneous checkout/open on a file that has problems.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure this is the solution for this problem, but I feel like it probably was.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report