Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit --> slow network connection

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ozitag
332 Views, 0 Replies

64 bit --> slow network connection

Hi Guys,

All our workstations were orignally set up as 32bit with 4Gb RAM. Since we had a couple of guys leave and therefore a couple of spare stations, we got the IT guys to reformat one and set it up as 64bit XP with 8Gb RAM. Otherwise the old and new have exactly the same hardware.

Everything seems to have gone ok with the upgrade except the network speed when opening files from vault. For some reason the 64bit will only access the network at about 25% max. A large assembly takes about 1.5mins to open on the 32bit system, and 9.5mins on the 64bit. When I open the file from vault on the 32bit, the network jumps up to 100% nearly instantly and stays fairly constantly on 100% until the files are down. On the 64 bit it takes about 30secs to start and then goes to a little over 25% max and goes up and down in speed.

I updated the drivers without effect.

I have checked all the network settings between the two stations and they are exactly the same.

The IT guys say they won't support the 64bit as it was an extra outside of the company's usual systems and we said we'd support it ourselves to get the extra speed.  They will do stuff if I ask them to, but otherwise won't be a help (they say they have no idea why anyway).

Has anyone got any idea where I should start looking or what I should do?  It would seem to be this workstation that is the problem, but could it be some setting in the server for this workstation?

I'm at a loss as to the reason behind it. Any ideas would be a help.

Regards,

Ozitag

IV 2010
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report