Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Web Client - can we turn off file search?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mark.cloyed
505 Views, 6 Replies

2015 Web Client - can we turn off file search?

We have found that the new thin client in 2015 does not allow us to only search items.  This was a preferred configuration in the old web client. The users could only search items and then only access the attached files.  In the new thin client, I have tried to use the same settings, but I continue to see the Project Explorer and can navigate or search files.  Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Mark,

I am not seeing what you are seeing.  If you select the Item Master then perform your search, it will only return Items.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: ihayesjr

Irvin,

I think the OP is saying that in prior releases, the admin could set up the screens so that ONLY the Item Master was shown to the user.  Or only the Project Explorer, as they needed.  In this new release, I'm also not seeing where the admin can set what is visible to users, and what isn't.  But I've only opened it for a few minutes so I probably am just not seeing it yet?

Message 4 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: cbenner

The ability to see the Item Master or the Project Explorer is based on the user's role now. 

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 7
mark.cloyed
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hey Irvin,

Thanks for the reply.  Just to clarify my experience and testing, I am in 2015 and I am using the Guest account for testing.  I have configured the web client to show released items and effective revisions for released items, but I have not checked the box to show released file versions.  I configured the Guest account as an item reviewer only, and it is not in any group.

I log in as Guest, into the web client, and I see the project explorer folders, I can navigate through the folders.  I see files regardless of their association with items, and regardless of the item's state.  WIP items' files are visible, can be previewed, and downloaded.  I suspect that this is not the intended behavior, for those clients that use item-based control.

Thanks,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 7 of 7

Has there been any update to this discussion? We follow an item centric release process. In the thin client, If I check the "released file versions" option, item attachments are not downloadable as well. If I un-check the "released file versions" option, then item attachments are downloadable but unreleased files versions are now accessible via project explorer. Either of these settings are undesirable.  

thin_client_visibility.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report