Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Vault Pro - What causes "Unknown Status"

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
karthur1
7501 Views, 25 Replies

2015 Vault Pro - What causes "Unknown Status"

Trying to figure out what "Unknown Status" means in the staus column.  Looked in the help and that didnt explain much.  Its pretty simple to fix this (either refresh from Inventor>Vault browser or "Get" from Vault).

I just dont understand how it get this way or the hidden implications of correcting it either way.

2014-11-07_1551.png

Thanks,

Kirk

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
mikel_martin
in reply to: karthur1

Do you know what the actual issue is?
Did the create dates get changed?

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 22 of 26
karthur1
in reply to: mikel_martin

Did a little more testing/looking.  On the files that were copied...The Date Modified did not change.  What did change was the Date Created.  The created changes to the date/time the file is copied.  This date does not match what is shown in Vault for the "Checked-in" date.  Guess this is why it shows unknown status.

Xcopy changes the date created the same way drag-n-drop does with WIndows Explorer.  I used ROBOCOPY command from an elevated command prompt (run as admin) and it copied the date created so I dont have any more unknown status icons than he had orginally when his system went down.

I used this from the command prompt:  robocopy source target /mir /copyall

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Kirk

Message 23 of 26
michael.callahan

I was adding a Library project and this status error occurred. I closed Inventor then in the Vault Client I could NOT check this ipj out even though I have rights to do so. I used the "get" function that asked me to "check out the file" then closed the "get" function and now the ipj was checked out and the error was gone. 

error 1.png

Message 24 of 26
karthur1
in reply to: michael.callahan

Michael,

Did you just drag-n-drop the .ipj file into Vault?  If you did, I get that error too when I drag-n-drop an excel file into Vault.  No big deal, but do a get latest like you did and it should clear it up the unknown status symbol.

Kirk

Message 25 of 26
michael.callahan

Hi Arthur, setting up a new Library from scratch. Created a new Library project and mapped the folders. Created a temp part to vault the Library ipj. Not sure why this happens with new ipj projects to the vault, but is common.  

Message 26 of 26

Found a few random DWG Inventor drawings in 2018.2 Vault that would show "Unknown Status" upon a "Get" operation.

Just registering this here, but I cannot reproduce the same in other machines. I'll submit a package if this keeps happening and I get a hold of a sample I can reproduce the issue with.

This article seems to hint at the same issue being investigated currently:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report