Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Vault Pro "Uses" tab

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
267 Views, 4 Replies

2015 Vault Pro "Uses" tab

I Vault Explorer, when I select an Inventor assembly file, then go to the "Uses" tab, I would like to see what parts are used in each version of assembly. There is no way that I can find, to show this informaion.  The "Uses" tab only shows the Latest, and it is greyed-out so I cant select it.

2014-06-19_0736.png

What do I have to do to be able to see the historical information?

Thanks,

Kirk

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: karthur1

Message 3 of 5
mikel_martin
in reply to: cbenner

When we added File Revision functioanlity to Vault Workgoup and Pro, we made the choice to focus on Revisions and mostly hide the idea of Versions from the user. We decided that showing both versions and revisions would be overly confusing to the user.

This pull down will only allow you to select revisions of the file. Until the file has revisions the pulldown will be disabled.

But it is possible to see the information you are after in a different workflow.

If you go to the history tab and choose to show all versions, then select a version (other than the latest) and select the Get Revision command.

Expand the dialog to show all the options.

You will then notice that instead of Latest or a Revision the pulldown will show a version number.

The tree structure is the Uses information for that version of the file.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: mikel_martin

@mikel_martin wrote:

But it is possible to see the information you are after in a different workflow.

If you go to the history tab and choose to show all versions, then select a version (other than the latest) and select the Get Revision command.

Mikel,

Thanks for that explanation.  I was trying the workflow you outlined, but I cant find the "Get Revision" command.  It is probably because there are no revisions for the assembly. If thats the case, I would think that the command would be there, just be greyed out.

Kirk

Message 5 of 5
mikel_martin
in reply to: karthur1

Sorry wrong command name.

Get / Checkout is the command.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report