Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Pro Client Managing a 2015 Pro Vault

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tahdesign1
615 Views, 3 Replies

2014 Pro Client Managing a 2015 Pro Vault

I had a post last week about the levels of SP and compatability of running a 2014 Client Base with a 2015 Vault.

Although my questions in that post were basically answered the answers raised a few more.

I am at the end of developing my deployments and should be pushing out my upgrade in the next couple of weeks so that I am up and running before go to AU.

So I am posted the follow up question in this new thread since they have gotten no repoounce in the previous one.

1) I am going from Vault Basic 2012 restoring Vault Basic 2014 upgrading to Vault Pro 2014 and final upgrading to Vault Pro 2015. For a while at least I will be running a 2014 client/add-in base and I was told to include the 2014 client SP2 in my deploy. I am passing through Vault Pro 2014 on my way to Vault Pro 2015, should I included SP2 for Vault Pro Server in that step or does going to Vault pro 2015 take care of that.

2) In the included txt from the readme me file it states that all Admin types of tasks should be done from either a Client that is the same release as the ADMS or from ADMS itself. I was not planning on deploying a 2015 Client to the users but I could put it on my machine just for said tasks. Is there any issue with a 2014 client and a 2015 client existing on the same machines looking at the same vault?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mark.cloyed
in reply to: tahdesign1

Sometime in the past, I believe it was recommended by Autodesk that you install the updates, service packs and hotfixes before upgrading to the next model year.  That gives you a more up-to-date set of databases for the upgrade process.  Regarding your question of multiple model year clients residing on your system, I have been running multiple versions of Vault Pro for quite some time now.  This is esspecially reasonable since Design Review hasn't changed since 2013.  Both Vault Pro 2014 and 2015 use the same ADR, so they work with with regard to previewing files.  I cannot speak to whether you can have a Vault Basic 2014 and a Vault Pro 2014 on the same machine.  I suspect they may work because they would be installed into separate directories. 

I hope this helps,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 4
tahdesign1
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Oh I was not asking about having Basic and Pro on the same machine.

In my situation I will have a 2015 Pro ADMS being assessed from a 2014 Pro Client and Add-in base by the users for some time before I move up the design softwares to 2015.

However, it is stated that all ADMS type of management tasks should be done from the ADMS Server itself OR a client level that is the same as the ADMS server. So in my situation, since it is myself that would make any of those changes, I would need the 2014 Pro Client for everyday Vault Design use and a 2015 Pro Client for any of the management task.

So what I need is tow year level Pro Clients (2014 and 2015) both on the same machine both looking at the same 2015 Pro ADMS.

Message 4 of 4
mark.cloyed
in reply to: tahdesign1

Yes, that would be best.  Use your VP2014 client and CAD for work, and your VP2015 client for administrative configuration.  And, as I said earlier, those can reside on your system, side by side.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report