Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Vault Collaboration installed with 2014 AutoCAD Mechanical

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ed.hade
404 Views, 4 Replies

2013 Vault Collaboration installed with 2014 AutoCAD Mechanical

My 2013 Vault Collaboration client installation does not integrate with my AutoCAD Mechanical installation.

In other words, 2013 Vault does not appear in the menus of my 2014 AutoCAD products.

All of our other users that ithat have 2013 AutoCAD products have no problems. I'm the first to install a 2014 product.

Will AutoCAD 2014 not play happy with 2013 Vault?

Windows 7 Pro, 64bit

Dell Precision M6700

16G RAM

500G SSD x 2

Intel 3.00 Extreme

Nvidia Quadro K5000M

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: ed.hade

you need vault 2014 to use the add in for the 2014 products

you can upgrade your vault to 2014 and still have the 2013 add in connect to it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
ed.hade
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for your reply, but could you elaborate a little more? I'm not sure I follow.

I'm don't understand what you mean by "upgrade your vault to 2014 and still have the 2013 add in connect to it"

The Admins like everyone to be using the same Vault client. If I upgrade to 2014 how will that work out with everyone else still using 2013?

I, like everyone else where I work, are Vault noobs. (even the admins) In fact, the admins are IT/IS people and know very little about anything CAD related.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: ed.hade

@OhEddieO wrote:

The Admins like everyone to be using the same Vault client. If I upgrade to 2014 how will that work out with everyone else still using 2013?

I, like everyone else where I work, are Vault noobs. (even the admins) In fact, the admins are IT/IS people and know very little about anything CAD related.

all the 2013 users can still use vault without needing to upgrade the client you can just upgrade the adms console to 2014

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

after reading your posts again

since your on vault collab 2013 and since there is no vault collab 2014 you were upgraded to vault pro 2014 and the clients are vault collab 2013 this will not work

you are going to have to wait until your ready to upgrade everything to 2014

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report