Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Vault Questions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rob.O
584 Views, 4 Replies

2012 Vault Questions

Hi All!

I have just finised setting up Autodesk Vault 2012 (free subscription version) on our server and have installed the client sucessfully on my machine. Everything is working great.

Here are my questions:

1) We are currently running a mixed AutoCAD 2011 and 2012 environment.  I noticed that when I installed Vault 2012, it installed the Add-in ribbon tools (integration) for AutoCAD 2012, but not for 2011.  I tried seraching for the CUIX to load into 2011, but had no luck.  Can Vault 2012 be integrated with AutoCAD 2011?  I didn't look too hard for an aswer, but thought I would ask before spending too much time on it.

2) We have a standard folder structure we use for eah project.  I am wondering if it is possible to have this automatically created/selected in the Vault when a user creates a new project.  I understand you can use drag and drop and that Civil3D allows you to do this when creating a new project, but we are using vanilla AutoCAD. I could crete something with .NET (assuming the free version has an open API), but I already have so much programming to do, I don't really have time for this.  I am hopeing there is a way to do this OOTB.

Thanks for any advice!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KooCheeKit
in reply to: Rob.O

Hi, 

For question1, currently AutoCAD 2011 is not working with Vault 2012.

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Rob.O

Does this mean that it is supposed to be working with AutoCAD 2011 and is awaiting a patch?

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP

there will probably be a patch for autocad 2011 to work with vault 2012 hopefully

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Rob.O
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the info!  If the patch does not come, then that just gives us an excuse to upgrade to 2012 sooner!

Anyone have any advice on the Standard Folder Structure?  Is this possible out of the box (besides drag and drop)?

TIA!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report