Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 upgrade / installation compatibility issues with server

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
richardporqueddu6731
1349 Views, 18 Replies

2012 upgrade / installation compatibility issues with server

Dear sirs,

I ran the installation successfully for the product suite which we have purchased.  However, I created a new vault on the local host and I get the following error when I try to log in.  What can I do to correct this?

Kind regards,

Rick

RickP
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

are you using the correct adms & client because they both need to match each other version wise and product wise?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 19

I assume that installed with the upgrade.  Although I installed the 2012 vault server software after I installed the Inventor and the vault.  How can I check?

Much Thanks

Rick

RickP
Message 4 of 19

The versions reported in the dialog of which you posted the screenshot, are the versions of the server.  Afterwards, do a Help >> About ... to see the build version of the client.

It looks like you might be running the "base" Vault client against a Vault Pro Server. If that is the case you need to install the Vault Pro client to use the Vault Pro server.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 19

That's it!  Okay, So I installed Valult pro and it didn't ask me for licensing info at all.  Now when I start it, I am told it cannot obtain a licnense?  What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Rick

RickP
Message 6 of 19

you need to have a license file for vault pro

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

how to obtain a license file call autocad activations 1-800-551-1490

provide serial number, host name, mac adress

you can also read this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14379546&linkID=9240617

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 19

Okay,

I have Autodesk Design suite ultimate.  Not sure how I got the Pro version of the vault server software.  I just want to use the basic vault pacakage which comes with the software.  I can't seem to find a non pro version of the vault server software.  Is this in the installation package for the ultimate download?

Much Thanks

Rick

RickP
Message 9 of 19

you have to download from the subscription website: http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=16688578

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 19

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your help so far.  It appears I created a situation for myself by inadvertantly installing Valult professional server.  I uninstalled it but I can't get past the installation checks becuase it seems to be finding incompatible SQL files remaining from the professional installation.  See Vault1.jpg

Condition 2 seems to be appropriate, but when I try to navigate to the folder it suggests I don't find similarly named database files. See Vault2 and Vault 3. 

Plus I am on Windows 7 pro and I don't have a documents and setting folder as in the second part of Condition 2. 

Condition 3 reccomends that I uninstall an MSSQL$AUTODESKVALT Program, but I have no such progrom in my uninstall list.

Can you please reccomend the files I need to uninstall / backup-rename to allow the installation to proceed?

Kind regards,

Rick

RickP
Message 11 of 19

The UAC can be temporarly turned off from inside the Control Panel.  In your image #3, the KnowledgeVaultMaster files and the Vault files will have to be backed up (if you are coming from a previous release).  After the backup, you can remove those files.  Also, if you are coming from a previous release, you will have to backup the filestore which I recall was referenced in image #2.  After the filestore and databases have been removed, you should be able to proceed. 

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 12 of 19

Thank you Jim,

I am sorry for being such a pain.  Okay, in order to remove the files Windows won't let me since the SQL server is running.  I can stop it and remove them, but I can't start it again if those files are not there.  I cannot run the vault setup without the SQL Server running.  How do I get around this?

Kind regards,

Rick

RickP
Message 13 of 19

What are the names of the exact files that you are deleting?  I just want to double check that it is only the Knowledgevaultmaster and vault.  When you remove the files and attempt to start SQL, what error is it throwing?  It sounds like you might want to remove SQL and re-install it but am hoping you do not have to go to that extreme.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 14 of 19

Hello Jim,

Okay, we are making some progress.  I cleared that error (you were right I was deleating the wrong file).  However, I can't figure out how to get around the last check.  Please see Vault1.jpg.  It seems to be the same problems I was having with the previous error.  Be advised I have no vault data I wish to keep on this PC.  I am trying to work local with 2012 for the moment.  So whatever is on this PC can be safely wiped out.

Kind regards,

Rick

RickP
Message 15 of 19

Honestly, at this point there are two approaches...  The easiest approach would be to wipe SQL and start over since the data isn't important.  The other approach would be to see if the installer log gives us more details on what is going on with the exception.  And once we have the log maybe have a better handle on what exactly is going on to be able to offer a better solution.  I personally have never seen the "Exception" error in the pre-check. 

-Jim 

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 16 of 19

Hi Jim,

Please let me know if this adds any insight into the problem.  I know, I have the UAC on, I just wanted to get to view the log for the exception error.

If I have to wipe out the SQL server is there a white paper to walk me through that?

Kind regards,

Rick

PS Added PDF, much easier to read

RickP
Message 17 of 19

I checked with another person and we both agree that you will have to uninstall SQL.  You can find the directions on how to remove SQL in the Autodesk Vault Wiki.  It is located here:  How do I remove the Vault

Let us know if you still have issues.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 18 of 19

Jim,

You won't believe it, but I got my problems resolved.  Thanks for sticking with me and getting me back up and running.  I always hear stories about why people dread to install the updates, I guess these things are unavoidable.

Anyway, much thanks!

Kind regards,

Rick

RickP
Message 19 of 19

Glad I was able to help. Remember if you need anything to post in the newsgroup, we try our best to help get things resolved.

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report