Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 to 2013 upgrade - vault loses 110GB of size and 65,000 files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mech_eng_again
934 Views, 3 Replies

2012 to 2013 upgrade - vault loses 110GB of size and 65,000 files

Size before - 287 GB

Files before - 225,704

Folders before - 65,495

Size after - 177 GB

Files after - 160,566

Folders after - 65,495

So, the upgrade from 2012 to 2013 went off with just a few hiccups and only a few hassles but it is back up.

(had to change a aspx IIS thing and had to do something with the LM server, and so on)

Comparing the sizes before and after I am disturbed to notice I have lost 65k files.

The question is - what did I lose? Have I lost large swaths of my drawings? Or did vault kindly clean up my files and toss "old versions" and so on?

We need to know, if my vault was trashed I need to restore my backup. There was no indication of any mishaps during the upgrade, and a cursory look through stuff doesn't show anything missing that we've worked on lately...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mthomas
in reply to: mech_eng_again

From the Vault 2013 "What's New"...

Reduction of Redundant File Copies
Autodesk Vault 2013 offers more performance and administrative updates with major enhancements to file version creation. In previous releases, metadata-only changes to a document required creation of a new physical file, resulting in duplicate files in the filestore. Vault 2013 no longer requires this file duplication, resulting in a smaller initial filestore size and reduced growth over time.

So maybe it has to do with this?

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 3 of 4
olearya
in reply to: mech_eng_again

Hey there,

This is correct, 2013 no longer creates unnecessary file duplication and in addition to this it removes existing filestore duplicates.  Thus shrinking the file store.

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
mech_eng_again
in reply to: olearya

Thanks guys this is very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report