Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Pro Plot Issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Vlad.Makarov
448 Views, 7 Replies

2012 Pro Plot Issue

(With the option to print from visualization files enabled) Vault will not print from the DWF files instead of native Inventor files. It will use the .idw files. I must enable show hidden files & manually select the .DWF files for plotting.

Message 2 of 8
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

I can't leave the option "show hidden files" enabled or my check out folder balloons with tons of .dwf files. So I keep having to cycle this setting on & off. This is not something that merits concern if the plot manager would use the .dwf files for printing as it did in the 2009 release.

yuhui.zhang

Thank you for the posting. When option 'Plot using visualization Files(When available)' on, the plot command will use the Visualization file to plot when visualization file is up-to-date. i.e. It will use dwf file created in vault controlled manner (such as update view locally or via Job Server). For the dwf created while checked in from addin, it is considered as Uncontrolled DWF for some reason.

So if you want to plot using visualization file, you may setup Job Server and create update view tasks for these files.

Addtionaly, you can add column 'Visualization Attachment' to check status, System = dwf created in controlled, Users = dwf created uncontrolled.

Following example shows purple hightlighted file with User value, yellow with System value. so the plot result is different for them

plot.png

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 4 of 8
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Hello Fay Zhang,

Thank you very much for this info. I am not happy that my existing DWF files are basically useless. If they exist as attachments, I should be able to plot as in 2009. If they were added via check-in addin, they should be designated controlled.

Thank you though for explaining to me how I can get them updated into a controlled state.

Vlad.Makarov

One other question, is their an easy way to update the visualization files on thousands of files? i.e. Do I have to manually select over fifty thousand files to accomplish this?

Vlad.Makarov

I am finding no easy way to accomplish this. Therefore I have years of good published DWFs that are linked to Inventor files but the plot manager won't use them. Aren't upgrades supposed to make my job easier instead of harder?

yuhui.zhang

Let me try to answer you questions:

1. For the reason of dwf add via addin is considered as uncontrolled, please refer to this post from Mikel

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/User-verified-visualization-file-command-not-found-in-2...

2. for the quick way to update all in controlled, send update view task to Job Server would be the best solution, please refer to http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2009/06/dwf-needs-updating.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Fay

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 8 of 8
Vlad.Makarov

Thank you for this info. Due to all this hoop jumping, I am resigned to abandon .dwf & just plot from the .idw

It will cost too much time to get the legacy .dwf files into a compliant state.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report