Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 ProductStream upgrade to 2010 Vault Professional

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
louis_a_dormond
505 Views, 3 Replies

2009 ProductStream upgrade to 2010 Vault Professional

We're in the process of upgrading to a newer version of 2009 ProductStream - now called Vault Professional 2012. Need information on how to upgrade and merge our database that currently resides in SQL 2005 Express on a 2003 Windows server. What I'm basicly looking for is a STEP by STEP procedure to upgrade server/client and merge our database. According to AutoDESK (what I got back) this is not offered in writting.

Thanks, for your time!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: louis_a_dormond

Hi Louis,

Your migration path from 2009 to 2012, will need to be one of the following methods. 

Back up Vault 2009 migrate to 2010 by running the installer for adms 2010.  Allow Databases to migrate to 2010. Back up once more then upgrade SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 SP2 or SQL 2008R2 SP0 then migrate to ADMS 2012 by installing from the installation media.

You can also perform the upgrade from 2009 to 2011 then 2012 following the same back up steps and SQL migration steps once you've successfully migrated to 2011. 

For SQL Migration steps, please see the 2011 Advanced Configuration Guide beginning on page 4. 

Once you have installed ADMS 2012 DO NOT run ADMS.  We recommend you install the Cumulative Multi Issue Hotfixes only.  Once they have been installed, open ADMS 2012 fro the first time.  Allow the databases to migrate.

Please let us know if you need more detail.

As always, prior to any upgrade installation, we recommend testing the migration steps using a non production server, to ensure you do not run into any unexpected issues with migration.  Also, with every upgrade, we recommend a full review of the readme prior to installing software for important installation instructions, hardware and software requirements, etc.

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
louis_a_dormond
in reply to: r.smith1

Ronald - Thanks for your reply!

Question: where do I find the Cumulative Multi HotFixes? Do I need to uninstall the current ADMS version (2009) - before installing 2012, on the production server?

Cheers,

Louis

Message 4 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: louis_a_dormond

Hi Louis,

You can find the hotfixes on http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9261341

When you choose one of the two paths mentioned previously, the installer will automatically upgrade ADMS for you. 

I hope this helps.  Please select accept as a solution if these answers helped you. 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report