Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1603 Error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TomRev
1817 Views, 3 Replies

1603 Error

I have looked at the discussion board and it seems that most who are getting this error are getting it in regards to an SQL problem.  I have attached the log file from the install and my problem exists in the C++ area.  I am trying to install Vault Pro 2012 Client on a users machine.  It starts the install, quits and says everything failed.  I am at a loss.  I have logged in as the local admin on the machine.  I tried 3 times to get it to run and nothing.  Same thing everytime.  Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tommy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: TomRev

Hey Tommy,

The 1603 is a generic MS error number.  From the log file, there is an issue installing the C++ Redistributable.

What happens if you run the MS installer directly from D:\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe?

Is there anything specific listed in the installer log file for this component at  C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\vcredist_x86_2010.log ?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 4
TomRev

Thanks for the info Andy.  I will check it out and let you know.

Regards,

Tommy

Message 4 of 4
TomRev

Andy,

I found a fix for the problem.  I ran your solution and I still received an error that it could not run the C++.  When I ran it straight from the disk it said a newer version was already installed on the machine.  I uninstalled the newer version and was then able to install the vault.  I had just installed Codeware Compress on the machine and that updated the C++ to a newer version than what was on the Vault disk.  I have attached a jpeg of the error that I received.

Thanks,

Tommy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report