Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Multiple File Versions into Autodesk Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
378 Views, 2 Replies

Importing Multiple File Versions into Autodesk Vault

Hey guys.  I am relatively new to the Vault system and have been tasked with setting Vault up for our small company to use.  I think I have the Vault Server requirements and methods firgured out, but still have some questions about importing old CAD files.  Our head engineer has been working in SolidWorks and has just been updating parts and files locally.  So for one part, we might have multiple versions created as a CAD file.  I was wondering if there was a way to uplaod these old files to the vault using the Vault's methods of keeping track of versions.  So, I have multiple files but I really want them uploaded to Vault as one part with mutliple versions.  I am wanting to know if this is possible and if so, how I would go about doing that.

Thanks,

Kim

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My suggestion would be to check in the latest version of the files and let vault take care of versioning from that point on. You can take the prior versions of the file, zip them and check in the zip file for storage. It would be very time consuming and prone to errors to try to get all the previous versions of any file into vault any other way.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After I check in the latest file from SolidWorks into Vault Basic 2015, will I be able to edit that part using Autodesk Inventor or Autodesk Fusion 360?  We want to make further edits using Inventor ideally, but we do not want to screw up our assemblies and want to be able to keep the constraints if possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report