Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1013. Please help

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3466 Views, 10 Replies

Error 1013. Please help

hey. ive been getting this error from vault 2010 and have only gotten it since i upgraded. Every time i do a "search" or a "find" with the name for the category as "James" it give me this error. This is the same for other users as well. But if i search for something different it will succeed with the search or find. We have to different Vault Database's but this Error is only happening in the newest one "TEFCO engineering".
i have attached a screen shot of this error.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

hi, Thank you for the posting. The reason of error 1013 thrown only for search criteria "James" may invalid file(s) included in this kind of search result.
It would be helpful if you can attach the server log of the date you run search. the log file can be found from server machine: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore\vlog-*.txt".
Regards,
Fay

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

ok but for some reason the latest Vlog file i can find in that file path was last updated on the 24/12/08?
Message 4 of 11
yuhui.zhang

Do you have some operations recently? or would you please run search today in the issued vault "TEFCO engineering", then attach today vlog?
BTW, there is another quick way to get log in Vault 2010. You could lauch Server Console 2010, expand node Management-> Server Logs, right click Today - MM/DD/YYYY, select command "Go To Folder".

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

ok ive got it.
Message 6 of 11
yuhui.zhang

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, this issue may high relative to the specific data, we can't reproduce this with our database. For troubleshooting the reason, the database and current search indexes file are needed. It's suggested you make a backup for current database and indexes files, then contact your reseller to log a Support Request with us.
(the indexes files could be found in server: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes")

After the backup done, the following operation would help to temporarily "fix" the error: delete current search indexes files, and run "Rebuild Search Indexes" command from ADMS Console Tools menu.

hope it works.

Regards,
Fay

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
lscadden

We tried sending our log files and rebuilding the search indexes and it worked once then back to the same way it was before.

In our case it fails for 4 of 6 of us users, the othe r2 ca nsearch at will,.. go figure? IN our case we try to find all files 'Checked out by" and we have names from a-z trying to search for files they have checked out and we get 1013'd right off the planet.

Still working it ourselves or so our reseller / tech support tells me.

Luke
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue with one of our user ID's. I've found some info on the web, and it looks like it's a known issue without a current solution. Curently SOL!

Message 9 of 11
karthur1

I'm having the exact issue.  When I do a search in Vault (2012), I am doing a search "Property=Checked out by", "Condition=Contains", "Value=jclement".  When I run this, I get a 1013 error.  Tried it on two different workstations and get this error.  This name is one of my vaullt users login name.

If I change the user name to a different user, I dont get the error.

2012-01-31_0948.png

Message 10 of 11
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

Here is what Ihad to do to fix my 1013 issue with the search function....

1. On the ADMS server, stop the IIS services (IISRESET /Stop).

2. Delete the contents of the Indexes directories (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vaultserver\Indexes)

3. Start IIS (IISRESET /Start).

4. Start ADMS. Tools > Rebuild Search Indexes.

DO NOT run a re-index properties.

Your results may vary......

Message 11 of 11
palahnukb
in reply to: karthur1

This worked perefectly to fix my "Error 1013".  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report