Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVFS and Content Center customization

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
571 Views, 4 Replies

AVFS and Content Center customization

Vault Team,

It seems it should be a simple question.

When a replication configuration is designed, and the AVFS is used for the other sites, it appears that customization of content center data is an issue. so the question is:

"Does AVFS allow for Content Center customization, or is it not possible?"

Second question:

"Will AVFS replication allow for Content Center data to be used in designs created in the remote location, NOT the publisher using the data, but a Subscriber placing Content center data into a file at the remote location? 

I know big question, and it seems in the past I recall seeing a document that mentioned a separate ADMS server for Content Center customization. Does this ring a bell, and if so can you direct me to that document?

Thanks

Mike B.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Hi, Mike.

I don't use, or know much about replication,... but I did find this document on the AKN.  Is this what you were referring to?  Maybe there is something in here that can help you out?

Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mike,

Having an AVFS in your environment should have no effect on customization of content center data.  AVFS only holds file and all their versions during the check process.  All metadata, or database, interaction happens on the ADMS.  So, when your user connect to a AVFS, under the covers the client is redirected to an ADMS for all other operations. ADMS will hold all of your vaults and content center libraries.  When you customize the library, you are doing so on the ADMS even though you initially logged into the AVFS.

As far as your second question, when you create a physical file from your library, that library file is first stored on the AVFS and replicated on schedule or demand to all other servers, ADMS and AVFS. Users at other locations will see the file and can use it in their design just like any other file.

Another way of stating this is that the user will not know the difference in connecting to an AVFS versus an ADMS. All operations are the same.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

This looks very similar to what I have seen, It may be what's left of an old White paper, I will do some reading here...

Thanks a bunch...

Mike

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ihayesjr

HI Irvin,

This is exactly what I needed to know, it seems to make perfect sense, so any user in any location can add or customize Content Center data.

Thanks...

Later my friend

Mike B.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report