Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDF login - InvalidServer / incompatible client

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jon-p
1162 Views, 7 Replies

VDF login - InvalidServer / incompatible client

When trying to login to Vault 2014 Pro with a 2014 sdk, I'm getting the following:

InvalidServer; 1.0.0.0 is not compatible with the following applications on <server>:

Vault Basic Server 18.0.110.0
   Vault Workgroup Server 18.0.110.0
   Vault Collaboration Server 18.0.110.0
   Vault Professional Server 18.0.110.0

Here is my code:

var ctxt = VDF.Library.ConnectionManager.LogIn("server""test"Environment.UserName, null, 
	VDF.Currency.Connections.AuthenticationFlags.WindowsAuthenticationWithCredentials, 
	null);
if (!ctxt.Success)
{
	foreach (var item in ctxt.ErrorMessages)
	{
		Console.WriteLine("{0};{1}", item.Key, item.Value);
	}
}

I'm pretty sure that I have the correct client references, but I'm concerned we might have an incorrect server installation.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Redmond.D
in reply to: jon-p

18.0.110.0 is the build number for the 2014 release, so I think the server looks good. 

What about your client.  Can you log in to the same server through your 2014 client? 

Are you using the 2014 beta SDK?  Check the SDK DLLs to see if the version number is less than 18.0.110.0.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
jon-p
in reply to: Redmond.D

Doug,

Yes, my vault client works fine.

I am using the sdk that came with the vault install.  The version of Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework.dll is 18.0.110.0.

Message 4 of 8
Redmond.D

Sometimes that compatiblity error is a red herring.  The real error may be completely unrelated to versions.

Some more things to check:

• If you have your filestore and database on separate servers, make sure you are logging into the filestore server.
  • Print out the full exception from the LogInResult.  That might provide more information.
  • Check the Vault server logs to see if they have a record of the error.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
jon-p

Doug,

Thanks for the pointers.  I've got the full print out of the exception now.

InvalidServer; 1.0.0.0 is not compatible with the following applications on <server>:

Vault Basic Server 18.0.110.0
   Vault Workgroup Server 18.0.110.0
   Vault Collaboration Server 18.0.110.0
   Vault Professional Server 18.0.110.0
Exception:The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Exception Type:System.Net.WebException
Stack:    at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.WinAuthSvc._WinAuthService.Invoke
(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.WinAuthSvc._WinAuthService.SignIn(String dataServer, String knowledgeVault)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.WinAuthCredentials.SignIn(AuthService authSvc, WinAuthService winAuthSvc)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.WebServiceManager.SignIn()
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.WebServiceManager..ctor(IWebService
Credentials credentials, Boolean reSignIn, Boolean autoTransferOwnership, Int32 timeout)
   at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServicesTools.WebServiceManager..ctor(IWebServiceCredentials credentials, Int32 timeout)
   at Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework.Vault.Services.Implementation.VaultConnectionManagerService.LogIn_(String serverName, String vaultName, String userName, String password, AuthenticationFlags authFlags, Guid alternateLicensekey, String alternateLicenseType, Func`3 progressCallback, VaultProductRequirements
 productConfiguration, EventHandler`1 connectionEstablishedHandler, EventHandler`1 connectionReusedHandler)

So I then went to the server to see if the IIS logs were logging the 401 and they were.  Then I hooked up Fiddler to the client to observer the behavior and saw something odd.

The client seems to be making 2 requests with 1 of them failing and the other succeeding, yet the client seems to think it was a failure.  Any ideas?

I've included the trace file in the attachment.

Also, the code has been updated to the following:

var ctxt = VDF.Library.ConnectionManager.LogIn("server""test"DomainUser.GetCurrentUser().ToString(), null, 
	VDF.Currency.Connections.AuthenticationFlags.WindowsAuthenticationWithCredentials, 
	null);
if (!ctxt.Success)
{
	foreach (var item in ctxt.ErrorMessages)
	{
		Console.WriteLine("{0};{1}", item.Key, item.Value);
	}

if (ctxt.Exception != null)
	{
		Console.WriteLine("Exception:{0}", ctxt.Exception.Message);
		Console.WriteLine("Exception Type:{0}", ctxt.Exception.GetType().FullName);
		Console.WriteLine("Stack: {0}", ctxt.Exception.StackTrace);
	}
}

where domain.getcurrentuser().tostring() returns "domain\userid"

Message 6 of 8
Redmond.D

I think I might see the problem.  For the authFlags parameter, use "WindowsAuthentication".  That will log you in at the currently running user.  You don't need to pass in the username or password.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
jon-p

Perfect.  Thanks for your help Doug. 

Message 8 of 8
Raider_71

Hi we have just upgraded our vault pro server to 2014 from 2013 and get the same error. It says the client are not compatible. If I restart the server then it works. The next day it gives the same error and then again if I restart the server or reset iis and SQL service then it works again. Any help would be great thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report