Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Thin client watermark

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rush02112
429 Views, 1 Reply

Vault Thin client watermark

How do we go about forcing a watermark on printed files from the thin client showing the date it was printed?

we've run across issues with prints being printed way too far in advance and missing critical updates. We would love to get forced dates put on the prints to try and curtail this trend at our office.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wayne.brill
in reply to: rush02112

Hi,

I do not see a way to force a plot stamp on the plot from the Thin Client. You can add this suggestion on the Vault Idea station.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-IdeaStation/idb-p/2

If you use Vault Explorer to plot there are options that can add a plot stamp with the date. (add a watermark to)   I do not see a way to force every plot have the plot stamp.

The watermark for DWF files can be added by configuring a lifecycle state to add it. This watermark would not have the date of the plot however.

The Vault API does not have any methods for plotting. It is possible to use the API to download the file and then use the API of the CAD program to do the plot and add the time stamp or watermark. I believe at this time having your own custom plot command would be the only way to enforce a plot stamp.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report