Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault PRO 2012 - Sending email notifications

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
timoconnor3703
2650 Views, 9 Replies

Vault PRO 2012 - Sending email notifications

I am sending email notification via the Change Order at state changes. I have noticed that when I do so there is a typical lag of approximately 10 minutes between when I execute the command and when the email server sees the message. If I send a test email via EDMS, the email appears nearly instantaneously. Even if I send the email via the change order first and then send a test email, the test email will arrive quickly and the change order email will arrive later. Is there an explanation for the lag in time? Can that wait time be modified? Thanks for the input. Tim
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ndra
in reply to: timoconnor3703

Same problem here. My wait time is between 15-20 minutes.

Any feedback?

Regards

Message 3 of 10
timoconnor3703
in reply to: ndra

Our wait times are still approximately 10 minutes. One of our IT staff recently mentioned that he thought it could be a problem with the header of the email - it may be flagged as a non-internal email and sent through all the external filters, which could be delaying it. If you find any answers please forward them on.

Thanks!

Tim O'Connor

Message 4 of 10
ndra
in reply to: timoconnor3703

I just realized this is on the wrong subforum (I got here by google). Can the OP move this to the Autodesk Vault discussion group?

Message 5 of 10

How did you extract email address ???

regards

amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 6 of 10
Redmond.D
in reply to: amitnkukanur

The delay is deliberate.  You can change the delay by editing web.config in your server\web\services folder under ADMS install folder.  Just make sure to back up the original file before making changes.

Inside web.config, find the part that says <add key="EcoNotificationProcessingDelay" value="0:10:0"/> and change the value.  For example, "0:1:0" will reduce the delay to 1 minute.

There are a couple of reasons for the delay.  First, emails take a long time to do, so a background process takes care of that task.  That way normal server operations, like check in, are not slowed down.  Second, having a delay allows notifications to be batched together.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10

I log in briefly as an administrator and get all users and their data. Embedded there is the email addresses that are available for all authenticated users. Hope that helps.

Message 8 of 10

Can you paste your sample code on how to extract email address and user names (Pseudo code), is it possible to fetch group names as well.

Senior Software Engineer
Message 9 of 10

Because of the overhead involved with this operation I am doing it once at program launch and storing the data to be used after I switch login back to the user. To store the data, I created a class called userdata that would store all the data that I intended on using, but even that should be unnecesary.

~Login as admin user my_admnmngr

User[] allusers = my_admnmngr.AdminService.GetAllUsers();

foreach (User my_user in allusers)

{

string my_displayname = my_user.LastName + ", " + my_user.FirstName;

userdata my_data = new userdata(my_user.FirstName, my_user.LastName, my_user.Name, my_user.Id, my_user.Email, my_displayname, my_user.IsActive);

my_users.Add(my_user.Id, my_data);

}

~Switch login back to user

Hope this helps

Message 10 of 10

Awesome, Super Thanks.

It solved my trouble, Thanks for Pseudo code timoconnor3703

Regards

Amit

Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report