Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2012-Qty Filed

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
varindersra
549 Views, 7 Replies

Vault Pro 2012-Qty Filed

Hi,

Is it possible to add the Quantity as a property. So, that it can be displayed in uses tab.

I know it can be diplayed in item master but is there a way to diplay it in vault explorer.

Thanks in advance!

Varinder

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.laidler
in reply to: varindersra

Just curious, what is the quantity field for?  Items have it, because it can be used as a 'bill of material'.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 8
varindersra
in reply to: john.laidler

Yes, I need it for bill of materials. In vault explorer for a assembly, 'uses' tab lists the materials but doesn't not list the quantaties.

Message 4 of 8
john.laidler

You will need to utilize 'Items' if you want quantity displayed.  This funtionality is not meant for the 'uses' tab for documents.

John Laidler

Message 5 of 8
varindersra
in reply to: john.laidler

Thats what I am asking, is there a way to extract it from the document itself and display in uses tab.

Message 6 of 8
Redmond.D

No.  The uses tab just tracks file relationships. But it doesn't have much knowledge on what the relationship means.

Quantity is a concept specific to BOM, which is why you need to view the Item Master.

It sounds like you want to view BOM data from the file view, without having to switch to the Item Mater.  We do have an app for that.  Check out Parts List Tab and see if that solves your problem.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
varindersra
in reply to: Redmond.D

No, Actually I need to have the Qty field associated with the vault explorer files not the items in order to resolve the issue. Let me know if that is some how possible.

Message 8 of 8
john.laidler

You will need 'Items' to track quantities.  The documents just manage relationships to and from one another.

John Laidler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report