Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault DataStandard : Apply button

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fsanchou
331 Views, 5 Replies

Vault DataStandard : Apply button

Hi, Is it possible to create a button which applies changes without closing DS's dialog box? Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patrick.Gruber
in reply to: fsanchou

Hi fsanchou,

it should be possible, but with a lot of effort. It's not easy, you can not just override something or extend something. If you want to do this, you have to write the whole logic by yourself and bind this then to your button or to the "OK" button.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos!
😉
The author,
Patrick

coolOrange
www.coolOrange.com
Message 3 of 6
marco.mirandola

Patrick is right, by default the changes are applied by the internal code of Data Standard, which you cannot access, so writing back changes would mean either deal with the Inventor or AutoCAD API, or with the Vault API. In case of Vault, you have at creation no file, so nothing you can sync with, and in case of edit, the file is checked out.

can you elaborate what you like to achieve? maybe there is another work around?

ciao
marco
coolOrange
www.coolorange.com
Message 4 of 6
fsanchou
in reply to: marco.mirandola

Hi Patrick and Marco I am looking for a workaround to another topic: Data Standard : Call iLogic Rule My iLogic rule retrieves the mass of the component. Hypothesis: the file has already been saved once. By default I display a mass iproperty in DS. Sometimes I need to write the mass manually. At first I thought to create a button to run the iLogic rule, but this does not seem possible. So I created an iproperty and a combox that controls the execution of the code. My problem is that iproperties change only when I click on OK. It is this iproperties's change which is the event trigger for iLogic. So to be able to override iproperty's mass value I need: 1. Change value of combobox 2. Click OK (so close DS) 3. Re-Open DS 4. Change the mass value 5. Click OK In other words I try to force writing properties. Thank you for your ideas
Message 5 of 6
fsanchou

Sorry, I have a carriage return problem with this forum
Message 6 of 6
marco.mirandola

Hi, unfortunately I don't see any possibility here for the moment. Data Standard applies the iProperty changes only on OK, as you could of course also click CANCEL. So, your trigger will only be pulled on save. And for the moment there is no way to access the Inventor API or iLogic. we have forwarded your request to Autodesk, and who knows, maybe in future releases there might be accessibility to the current document, application object and iLogic from within Data Standard. For the moment, i must say, i don't have any idea how to solve this. We can think of reflection, but this would get quite messy...
coolOrange
www.coolorange.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report