Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault checkout prompt stops batch process

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cadfish1
468 Views, 2 Replies

Vault checkout prompt stops batch process

I've developed a drawing batch print application which uses Inventor's API (programming interface) to do the printing.  The problem is, the vault prompt to checkout the drawing stops the batch process (waiting for user input).  I know the Preferences.xml contains all the vault related prompts that Inventor uses.  I can programatically change the applicable values (Response & Frequency) in this file but Inventor won't use the changed values until the next time Inventor is launched.  I know I can set Inventor to temporarily run in silent mode (no prompting) but then the user won't be prompted for missing file references and other errors (undesirable).  Is there ANY way of changing the values and have Inventor immediately use the changes?

Normally I wouldn't post a thread in 2 places but seeing this is related to both Vault and Inventor, I've created this thread in both programming discussion groups.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Raider_71
in reply to: cadfish1

Hi I was wondering if you ever got a nice solution for this?

Pieter

Message 3 of 3
cadfish1
in reply to: cadfish1

Spoiler
Nope!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report