Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015, Visual Studio 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dominiek_vanwest
331 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2015, Visual Studio 2010

Hi,

I'm using Visual Studio 2010. The example projects in Vault 2015 SDK are made with Visual Studio 2012, which means I can't open them. Does this mean Visual Studio 2010 and Vault 2015 don't work together?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The SDK DLLs use .NET 4.5, and I'm not sure if VS 2010 can work with that version of .NET.  My guess is that the answer is no.

But if I'm wrong, then you can probably "back port" the projects into VS 2010.  In other words, create a new VS 2010 project and copy all the CS files over.  In the end, it's probably easier just to install the latest version of VS. 

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the reply!

I have .NET 4.5 together with Visual Studio 2010, so they can work together. I also can access the Vault (2015). My application that I made with Vault 2013 also works with Vault 2015 without having to change anything.

There are some changes though with 'acquire files' etc. And I heard that you'll need that with the next release. When we have the next release (probably 2017) only then we'll buy also a new version of Visual Studio.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report