Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 API check in of Assembly and associated parts/drawings

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
wayne.forrest
1164 Views, 8 Replies

Vault 2014 API check in of Assembly and associated parts/drawings

HI all

trying to work out the best way to checkin all parts and drawings associated with a selected assembly file.

The checkout using the InteractiveAcquireFIleSettings method is great but it would be nice if there was a similar method for checking in files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

thaks  Wayne

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
GeorgK
in reply to: wayne.forrest

Hi Wayne,

I am looking for the same possibility. Does anyone find a solution?

Thanks

Georg

Message 3 of 9
Daniel.Du

I did not find similar functions in vault 2014 API to do it with one step. You may have to find the associations with DocumentService and checkin them seperately. 

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 4 of 9
minkd
in reply to: Daniel.Du

I highly recommend you have the end-user check-in via the appropriate Add-In (Inventor, AutoCAD, etc). Otherwise, the relationships you provide via the API will cause move/rename restrictions, the resulting version will have no BOM, no visualization will be created, etc. -Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
wayne.forrest
in reply to: minkd

Dave

thanks for the comment

do you mean use the standard out of the box vault interface from within Inventor rather than developing my own addin. I have included vault API calls from within a add-in I have developed, checked in an assembly, associated parts and drawings within a loop and see that the usedon/used by relationship is broken. Is there any way around this. I have used the GetLatestAssociated FilePathsByMasterID method to identify associated objects and the CheckinFile method for checking each object in.

regards

Wayne
Message 6 of 9
minkd

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any Inventor Vault add-in interface that 3rd parties can use. This is a known problem that will hopefully be addressed in a future release. -Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
wayne.forrest
in reply to: minkd

Disappointed 😞

do you know if it is possible to call the internal inventor vault checkin command from a vb project. I have seen some discussions on calling inventor commands programmatically when the API does not provide a method. The only issue is when the command requires additional parameters i.e. from a dialogue box.

Message 8 of 9

Yes you can using the

thisapplication.commandmanager.controldefinitions.item("LoginCmdIntName").Execute() or "LogoutCmdIntName" to logout.

You can then use the "VaultCheckInTop" command to check in the drawing and associated parts/assemblies.

Was wondering if there is an equivalent command that doesn't display the login or logout dialogue box

Message 9 of 9
GeorgK

Is there any improvement in Vault 2015?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report