Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 API - PropertyDefinitions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sbenedum
1128 Views, 1 Reply

Vault 2013 API - PropertyDefinitions

I am in the progress of migrating from Vault 2011 to 2013 and need to update our custom applications accordingly.

In 2011 (WebServices) there was a method under DocumentService named GetAllPropertyDefinitions that would return an array of PropDef objects.

Now in 2013 that method is gone, at least not in the DocumentService.

I'm assuming there is something in PropertyService that will give me what I need but none of them look similar.

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is get a property(s) associated with a File, so if there is another way of doing this in 2013 I'd like to know about it.

I have done a bunch of searching on the ADN site and WikiHelp sites but there is little to no info on the 2013 Vault API...

Any help would be appreciated.

Sailin Benedum
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sbenedum
in reply to: sbenedum

I was able to locate the Vault 2013 API Help file and found a line in the Changes section that answered my question.

• GetAllPropertyDefinitions method - removed. Use PropertyService.GetPropertyDefinitionsByEntityClassId instead.

eg:

PropDef [] defs = this.PropSvc.GetPropertyDefinitionsByEntityClassId("FILE");

For anyone looking for the Vault 2013 Help files they should be in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault 2013 SDK\docs\VaultSDK.chm

Sailin Benedum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report