Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnail Property

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wannensn
623 Views, 2 Replies

Thumbnail Property

Hi,

I'm using the example from the API help to create a image from the thumbnail property data. But I always get a GDI+ exception when creating the Metafile from the stream.

Dim thumbnailRaw As Byte() = CType(propInst.Val, Byte())
Dim stream As System.IO.Stream = New System.IO.MemoryStream(thumbnailRaw, 12, thumbnailRaw.Length - 12)

Dim metafile As System.Drawing.Imaging.Metafile = New System.Drawing.Imaging.Metafile(stream)
Dim retVal As Image = metafile.GetThumbnailImage(width, height, New Image.GetThumbnailImageAbort(AddressOf GetThumbnailImageAbort), IntPtr.Zero)
 tream.Close()

Regards, Stephan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Daniel.Dulzo
in reply to: wannensn

Hello Stephan,

It looks like the code you're using if from Doug's older post about reading thumbnails. If you're using this code on Vault 2012 and newer, it has the possibility of throwing the GDI+ exception if the image format of the thumbnail is not a metafile. This can happen because new image formats were added for thumbnails in Vault 2012. Please see this post on Doug's blog: http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/viewing-thumbnails.html. Please try the code sample there and let me know if that works.

Daniel Dulzo
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
wannensn
in reply to: Daniel.Dulzo

Hi Daniel,

thanks, now it works.

I used the code from the API help (Vault 2013)! Please review the docs, it is the second time in the last weeks that I found incorrect information in the Knowledge Base Articles:

-Viewing Thumbnail Properties

-Uploading and Downloading (XML is for server side configuration not client side)

Regards, Stephan 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report