Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint 2010 - Vault 2013 Pro - Vault Search Finds File, but doesn't open

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
A.Mureika
920 Views, 3 Replies

SharePoint 2010 - Vault 2013 Pro - Vault Search Finds File, but doesn't open

Hi, 

We have SharePoint 2010 and Vault 2013 Pro integrated and setup.  Happy to say it is working after a going through the configurations a couple times 🙂

The issue I've run into has to do with the Federated search in SP finding files in Vault.  If I do a search for a file(s) in the Vault Search it finds it, however when I click on the hyperlink to open the file (FYI these are Word and Excel Files).  It simply displays "Vault File" and the progress bar for a second or two and nothing else happens.  

2013-05-02 - 09;44;23001.jpg

I have Vault SP lists setup and I can find the file(s) in the list and they will open without issue.

I'm pretty sure that the search finds the file.  I tried removing the last number off the "BcsId" in the URL and I get an error indicating not found.

http://<SERVER_NAME>/_bdc/AdskVaultModel/AdskVaultFile_1.aspx?BcsId=2776898  <-- editted this number to test.

Would you have any idea why this may not be opening the file?  I'm not a programmer, so a coding solution, unless simple cut'n'paste, may not be an option.

Appreciate any help

Cheers, 

Antony

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
A.Mureika
in reply to: A.Mureika

Bump . . . . . 

Anyone??  Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 4
Redmond.D
in reply to: A.Mureika

When you click on a link in the search page, it does not open the file itself.  The AdskVaultFile_1.aspx page is the Profile Page for the file.  On that page it displays some property data and has the download links.

I'm guessing that something is wrong with the formatting of that page.  In other words, the data is there, but it's just not showing up properly.  You can try to edit the page through the browser or SharePoint Designer.

Another option is to go to the Business Connectivity Services in central admin.  In the External Content Types settings you can create or update the profile page.  So those settings may be able to fix the page.

sharepointSettings.jpg

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
A.Mureika
in reply to: Redmond.D

Thanks for the reply Doug.

I went in and updated the profile page and it seemed to correct the issue.  I find it a bit odd that you have to upgrade the page and check the permissions when ever you make changes like this, but I'm happy it is working.

Cheers,

Antony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report