Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Side Customization

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
amitnkukanur
565 Views, 6 Replies

Server Side Customization

Hello,

Untill Now I was doing custoomization in client side, is it possible to do customization on server side for web services.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
minkd
in reply to: amitnkukanur

If by customization you mean "executing custom code", then no.

However, the server provides a great deal of customization via configuration: user-defined properties, categories, lifecycles, revision schemes, etc.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
amitnkukanur

Hello Minkd,

Thanks for replying.

My Point of view here is doing customization on server side which will affect all clients connected to it.

For instance i will deploy a web services app on server side and it should be circulated to all clients connected to it.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 4 of 7
minkd

I'm not sure if I understand ...

Are you trying to write the equivalent of the "Vault Office" web client?

Are you are looking for a way to use the Vault Server to distribute your add-in?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
amitnkukanur

Hello MinkD,

Thanks for reply.

I am looking for the second option which you mentioned. Is it possible to customize in Vault Server so that addin will circulate to all clients connected to it.

Else in usual case what happen is if we develop addin, we need to install in all vault clients, rather than going for a distributed application in server.

Cheers,

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 6 of 7
minkd

The Vault server does not provide any add-in distribution capability.  All Autodesk supported Vault clients are installed and updated independantly of the Vault server.

You may want to look into "Project Thunderdome", which apparently supports some notion of deployments from the server. However, I am not personally familiar with this tool.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
amitnkukanur

Hi MinkD,

Thanks for replying and thanks for providing the insights for customization on server side.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report