Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned restrictions from ItemService.UpdateLifeCycleStates

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
240 Views, 1 Reply

Returned restrictions from ItemService.UpdateLifeCycleStates

Hello there!

I use ItemService.UpdateLifeCycleStates to update the life cycle states of several items at once. This works well overall.

A small problem remains, though:

The method returns several ProductRestric[] to indicate issues with the requested update. I would like to know which Item a ProductRestric applies to. If I only update one Item at a time, that is obvious, but if I update multiple Items with one call to the method, I fail to see how to make that connection.

I would like to tell the user which item caused the issue so that he has an easier time fixing it, for example if an item needs to be updated before being released etc...

So, is it possible to find out what Item the returned ProductRestric instances apply to?

Best regards and thanks for your time

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Redmond.D
in reply to: Anonymous

The EntId property on ProductRestric should tell you which Item failed.  Offhand, I'm not sure if EntId == item.Id, item.RevId or item.MasterId.  I think it should be Item.Id, but you will have to confirm.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report