Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET develop a .dll for Vault begin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Sined99
697 Views, 3 Replies

.NET develop a .dll for Vault begin

Hello,

Recently I have made some c# programms for autocad 2013, now I must do a little program for Vault in c#, but I have a problem, I dont know how to start!. To develop for Vault is the same philosophy like for autocad?? (create a .dll and load in autocad). I only must develop a little program that detect a change of a file state and then send an email. Is it possible? How Can I begin?

I am using visual studio 2010 and Autodesk Vault workgroup 2013

Thank you very much.

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
minkd
in reply to: Sined99

See: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0378-Develope378

If for any reason the link above doesn't work, just type "SDK" in the search box on the vault wiki.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Sined99

Hello,

Thank you for the info, but I have read and have found only a little information about How can I load(or autoload) a .dll in Vault, I only will to send an Email when a lifestate of a file change, I have read that in the SDK is an example of a XML file to make the email notification, but I dont have this example in my SDK, and I dont know where to put or load this XML file...

Can somebody help me?

I have visual studio 2010 and Autodesk Vault workgroup 2013

Thanks.

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 4
Redmond.D

I think you'll find the information you want on my blog.  It contains a lot more than the wiki, including a complete set of webinar recordings, which go over all the Vault API features.  The "Code Demonstration Video" links should be useful to you.  They show how to write the various plug-ins, starting with a blank project in Visual Studio.

So, you want to write an app that sends an email whenever a file changes lifecycle state.  There are a couple of approaches that I can suggest.

Job Server plugin:

If you are running job server, you can configure the server to add a job everytime a file goes through a lifecycle transition.  You can then write a plug-in to Job Processor that handles these jobs and sends out the emails.

Vault Explorer plugin:

If you don't want to deal with job server, you can write a plug-in to Vault Explorer.  There are various events that you can hook to which will tell you when the user changes lifecycle state on a file. Your plug-in can then send off the email.  The biggest problem with this approach is that it would need to be installed on each user's computer.  Otherwise, emails will not get sent when the user changes the state on a file.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report