Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with my first plugin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wowens63
516 Views, 4 Replies

need help with my first plugin

1. using Autodesk Vault 2012

2. using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

3. I located my dll and vcet.config files in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2012\Extensions\BrdnHelloWorld\

problem is i can't get it to load, could someone please take a look at the code or give advice as to were i should place the 2 files.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: wowens63

The API documentation has an article called "How to customize Vault Explorer" in the Getting Started section.  That article should go over all the steps in creating a Vault Explorer plug-in.

I also have a video showing how to create a Vault Explorer plug-in starting with a blank Visual Studio project.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
wowens63

Thanks for your reply..I watched your video yesterday and the code I posted is per your video, and thats why i posted my question cause i could not get it to work. as well I copied the HelloWorldVB code from the SDK and it also would not load.

Thanks again for the reply.

Message 4 of 5
wowens63

FYI..from what i read today autodesk vault 2012 (Client) basic cant load custom commands..like helloworld.dll

from Autodesk vault SDK..

There are various ways to customize Vault Explorer through the API.  You can...

• Add custom commands.
  • Add custom tabs.
  • Hide existing commands.
  • Subscribe to pre and post events when any Vault Explorer commands are executed.

Availability This feature is not available in base Vault.  Vault Workgroup, Vault Collaboration or Vault Professional is required.

Message 5 of 5
Redmond.D

Correct, you cannot plug-in to Vault Explorer if you are using Vault Basic.  Sorry, I missed that in your original post. 

If you want to write a custom feature, you have to write your own EXE.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report