Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge properties? (map 2 or more into one?)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HUSELALU
399 Views, 3 Replies

merge properties? (map 2 or more into one?)

Is it possible to read values from 2 or more different properties and map it into one in Vault Professional?

The problem scenario is to create a Document ID, which should be build up by several different codes previously defined in other properties.

Maybe this is possible in Vault Data Standard Extension?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HUSELALU
in reply to: HUSELALU

Anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
marco.mirandola
in reply to: HUSELALU

from what i know it's not possibile via the regular Vault configuration options, however, it would be possibile to write an add-in which intercepts the change event and do some operations there. 

Via Data Standard it's definitively possibile to edit a file in the DS dialog and compute several fields together and save it back. However, the user would have to edit the file properties via Data Standard. So, if you create a file in Inventor and save it in Vault, then you would have to edit that file via Data Standard in order to perform the merge. Alternatively, you use the Data Standard dialog wichin Inventor and AutoCAD and configure that one to do the merge. The resulting value would be saved into an iProperty that you can mapp to a Vault property.

last option could be to create a custom menu item within Vault which computes the merge and writes the value back to your property. Also this could be done with Data Standard menu files.

i hope this helps!

ciao

marco

coolOrange
www.coolorange.com
Message 4 of 4
HUSELALU
in reply to: marco.mirandola

Thanks! I will try it out!

Its good to know its possible in Vault Data Standard. I should then be able to apply it on non-Inventor files also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report