Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manage state in UpdateFileLifecycleStateEvents_GetRestrictions event handler

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sabuj.saha
498 Views, 2 Replies

manage state in UpdateFileLifecycleStateEvents_GetRestrictions event handler

In my inventor addin I am doing some validation before changing state of a component in vault to Release.

I have event handler UpdateFileLifecycleStateEvents_GetRestrictions where I can do that. However i dont know how do i verify that the state being change to release cause that is the only time I need to validate. Here is some of my code. 

public void Activate(ApplicationAddInSite addInSiteObject, bool firstTime)
{
_inventorApp = addInSiteObject.Application;
_fileUIEvents = _inventorApp.FileUIEvents;

DocumentServiceExtensions.UpdateFileLifecycleStateEvents.GetRestrictions += new EventHandler<UpdateFileLifeCycleStateCommandEventArgs>(UpdateFileLifecycleStateEvents_GetRestrictions);
}

void UpdateFileLifecycleStateEvents_GetRestrictions(object sender, UpdateFileLifeCycleStateCommandEventArgs e)
        {

}

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: sabuj.saha

Hi,

It looks a question of Vault API. I have asked the moderator to move this case to the board 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-Customization/bd-p/301

Message 3 of 3
Redmond.D
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

The event args has the information you need but you usually need to make some API calls to gather all the information.  You can find the FROM states by looking up the File object from the FileMasterIds.  You can find more information about the TO state by looking up the LfCycState objects from the ToStateIds.

The easiest way to open up a connection to the Vault Server is to cast the sender object to IWebService object.  Use it to create a new WebServiceCredentials, then create a new WebService object.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report