Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link properties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Raminasrl
494 Views, 3 Replies

Link properties

Hi guys,

I have some files linked to folder "A" and I have the same files linked to folder "B".

Is'it possible to have some link properties that have different values for the link to folder "A" and link to folder "B"?

E.g. color red for file part linked to folder "A" and color blu for file part linked to folder "B".

Also is it possible to mapping to file.

Thanks for any help.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
orbjeff
in reply to: Raminasrl

Based on what I have read and if I understand your question right… the file link simply points back to the original Vault file. This means that each link won’t have its own unique set of properties. They simply display the source file’s properties. So you may have multiple links to a file but only one set of properties.

Jeff Johnson
Technical Consultant
MasterGraphics Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Raminasrl
in reply to: orbjeff

Thanks for your answer,

I would like to print the idw drawing with some properties of the folder (in drawing title block) where the file is linked.Smiley Frustrated

Any idea?

Message 4 of 4
wayne.brill
in reply to: Raminasrl

Hi,

To print Inventor drawings you could use Apprentice and ApprenticeDrawingPrintManager. See the Inventor API help file:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Local Help\admapi_18_0.chm"

These blog posts may be of interest:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/07/plot-inventor-file-with-apprentice-server-api.ht...

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/08/use-inventorviewcontrol-to-print.html

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report