Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job processor job execution order question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lornemartin
256 Views, 1 Reply

job processor job execution order question

Hi, 

I am having a bit of trouble understanding how the job processor executes jobs.  I understand from this post that I can't depend on the job priority field to execute certain jobs in a certain priority.  But my question is, can I depend on Job Processor  in always executing the jobs in the order of the IDs? For example will job # 55996 for sure execute before job #55997, or not?  It seems to be me it will, but I'm not sure if I can count on it or not.

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
minkd
in reply to: lornemartin

Generally speaking, no.

If you have dependencies between jobs such that job A needs to be executed before job B, then the best way to do that is to have job A's handler queue job B once it has completed.  For instance, this is what vault does with property sync and dwf update jobs.

If there is only one job processor (and I would not count on that!), then jobs would be processed in the order that they are queued, although jobs with higher priority will move ahead of jobs with lower priority.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report