Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show Vault File Id in Vault Explorer

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
FarrenYoung
998 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to show Vault File Id in Vault Explorer

I found a post from 2006 where someone wanted to do the same thing (with no success).  I am wondering if this is possible now?

Basically when I'd developing I want to use vault explroer to perform various user functions and then test code.  Being able to have a column in Vault Explorer showing the file's internal id would be very beneficial.  Is this possible?  If not, could it be added?  I suspect it would be very simple to add this feature...

--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Daniel.Dulzo
in reply to: FarrenYoung

Hello Farren Young,

There isn't a directly supported way of displaying the file's ID in vault explorer, but one option that might be easy and helpful would be to use the HelloWorld sample that comes packaged with the Vault SDK. If you build and deploy this sample extension, there will be a custom tab when you select a file that will display the file's master id. You could also extend the sample if you would like to include any other information.

Daniel Dulzo
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
FarrenYoung
in reply to: FarrenYoung

Thanks a lot.  That will have to work.

--Farren

If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report