Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block the operation when a file is uploaded without showing ......?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
386 Views, 2 Replies

How to block the operation when a file is uploaded without showing ......?

How to block the operation when a file is uploaded without showing the exception dailog?

My requirement is when a file is uploaded I will use file link instead of uploaded file by some rules.

I can call eventArgs.AddRestriction(new ExtensionRestriction("", "some exeption")) in DocumentService.AddFileEvents.GetRestrictions event, but a exception dialog will be shown, I don't need the exception dialog. What should I do? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Redmond.D
in reply to: Anonymous

It sound to me like you want to replace the default Add functionality with your own Add logic.

The event mechanism was not designed to let you do that.  You can block the operation, you can do things before and after the operation, but you can't change the operation itself.

If you want sepcialized Add behavior, you will need to provide your own Add command.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Redmond.D

Hi doug, Thank your for your help!

I think the "Show exception dialog" funtion from Vault Pro.

So I found anthor way. I upload files by Autoloader instead of Vault Pro. so the exception dialog will not be shown.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report