Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force License release by user?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eric.mathews
354 Views, 2 Replies

Force License release by user?

Hello,

Is there a way to force a license to be released by a particular user account?

e.g.: jDoe left for the day and didn't log off the vault, left his computer in the locked state. I need that resourse quickly. I know I can disable his account but his license isn't relased for 30 minutes. Does the vault API provide support for what I want to do? Or is there another method?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Redmond.D
in reply to: eric.mathews

There is no way to force logout through the API. 

One thing to try is to run "iisreset" from the command line on the Vault server.  This will re-start the web service and invalidate everyone's credentials.  The active clients will automatically log back in, so it shouldn't be too disruptive.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Redmond.D

This is another unfortunate side-effect of the ADMS holding the license instead of the client.  Smiley Sad

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report