Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding used numbers in the numbering schemes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
clastrilla
736 Views, 2 Replies

Finding used numbers in the numbering schemes

I've used the Reserve Numbering Scheme in Data Standard from this link, but was wondering is there a way we can query what numbers have actually been reserved?

I've modified the Data Standard bit to create a CSV file containing all the numbers reserved (i.e. one CSV file every time you click on the OK button to reserve files), and while I could modify it so that it updates 1 central CSV file with all the reserved numbers, maybe there's a way to query the reserved numbers via the API?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Markus.Koechl
in reply to: clastrilla

As far as I know, only Item Numbering allows us to check the next available number: create a new item, get the number, and skip the item (undoedititems). File Numbering has no option to re-use unused numbers and therefore we don't track the used ones. My suggestion to solve this for all users reliably is implementing a custom file numbering (see 2020 SDK What's New and the available sample code in the SDK). The custom provider could fill your csv or better a database table. This approach's benefit is, that you don't need to implement anything on clients; the custom number provider runs on ADMS and no client extension or tools is required to consume its numbers. From a client perspective, there is no difference in retrieving numbers (custom, simple or central schemes).

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 3 of 3
clastrilla
in reply to: Markus.Koechl

Thanks Markus, I'll have a look at the custom provider method.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report