Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileCheckIn permission

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
psaarloos
302 Views, 3 Replies

FileCheckIn permission

Hi,

I called the GetPermissionsByRoleId method with the userID of the administrator to retrieve a complete array of all the permissions with their IDs. I noticed there are two IDs for the same 'FileCheckIn' permission. (ID 10 and 37). Somebody knows if there is any difference?

This File Check In permission is also listed in the 'Roles' GUI in Vault. See attached image.

Regards,

Pim 

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
minkd
in reply to: psaarloos

They are actually two different permissions with the same display name. One is used for File Checkin, and the other is used for the "Update File References" command in Vault Explorer.

I'm not sure why they both use the same display name for this specific case.  If could be that the command was added in a service pack (we don't add new localized strings in a service pack). So when we have to add a new permission in a service pack we will re-use the display name of something else. But we typically correct that in the next full release - maybe this one was overlooked?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
psaarloos
in reply to: minkd

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback. Just to be sure: Is the permissionID 10 for the File Checkin permission and 37 for the Update File References permission?

Regards,

Pim

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
Message 4 of 4
minkd
in reply to: psaarloos

I would not make any assumptions about IDs.

What is it that you are trying to do?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums